Fox River Commission Survey
Thank you for taking time to complete this questionnaire. It will provide important information to help us better understand flood risk issues in the Fox River. Please answer all questions to the best of your ability and/or knowledge.
IMPORTANT: Identify the locations on the Fox River Watershed Interactive Map for your flooded areas (#21), critical facilities (#27), mitigation projects (#33), mapping needs ( #43).
Use Username: watershed and Password: illinoisfloods!123 and do not check "save my credentials".
If you have any questions about the Commission or about completing this questionnaire, please send us an Email.
*= Required Field
11. Manager or Staff RequiredDo you have someone designated as a Stormwater or Floodplain Manager on staff?
14. Track RequiredDo you track damage or improvements to floodplain structures?
17. SECTION III. AREAS OF FLOODING RequiredDo you have structures within the mapped floodplain which routinely flood? 18. Structures Outside RequiredDo you have structures outside of the mapped floodplain which routinely flood? 19. Infrastructure Within RequiredDo you have critical infrastructure within the mapped floodplain which routinely flood? See question 25 for a definition of a critical facility. 20. Infrastructure Outside RequiredDo you have critical infrastructure outside of the mapped floodplain which routinely flood? 21. Questions in Section IIIif you answered yes to any question(s) in Section III., identify location(s) on the Interactive Map. 23. Studies RequiredHas your community completed any local floodplain or stormwater studies? 24. Building Surveys RequiredDo you have lowest floor elevation data for flooded buildings? 25. SECTION IV. CRITICAL FACILITIES AT RISK OF FLOODING RequiredAny public or private facility that if flooded would create an added dimension to the disaster or would increase the hazard to life and health in your community.
Does your community have any critical facilities at risk of flooding?
28. SECTION V. FLOOD MITIGATION RequiredFlood mitigation activities information.
Does your community maintain any public open space in the floodplain? 29. State or Federal Migation Programs RequiredHas your community used state or Federal mitigation programs to create open space in the floodplain? 30. Structural Floodproofing RequiredHas your community or private property owners undertaken structural floodproofing or elevation projects? 31. Flood Response Plan RequiredDoes your community have a flood response plan? 32. Properties RequiredAre there properties in your community which you would like to address with mitigation funding?
34. Infrastructure Mitigation RequiredAre there infrastructure projects (culvert and bridge replacement, pumping stations, backflow preventors, etc.) that you would like to address with mitigation funding?
36. SECTION VI. RECENT/ONGOING/PROPOSED PROJECTS RequiredRecent, ongoing, or proposed projects affecting flood hazards.
Has your community completed any flood reduction projects (culverts, levees, diversions, etc.)?
39. High Water Elevations RequiredWere high water elevations documented? 40. Flood Inundation RequiredWere any flood inundation maps created?
42. SECTION VIII. FLOODPLAIN MAPPING NEEDS RequiredDo you feel the floodplain maps for the Fox River and tributaries in your community are accurate? 43. Localized Flood Risk Areas RequiredHas your community prepared any maps showing localized flood risk areas? 44. Mapping Needs RequiredDoes your community have mapping needs in the Fox River watershed? 45. Mapping Needs Tributary Streams RequiredDoes your community have mapping needs on the tributary streams?