Thank you for your interest in visiting one of Illinois' State Parks – we're excited to welcome you home! We continue to monitor the spread and effects of COVID-19, working closely with the Office of Governor J.B. Pritzker and the Illinois Department of Public Health.
All Illinois state parks, fish and wildlife areas, recreational areas and historic sites are now open to the public. For more information on state parks, fish and wildlife areas and recreational areas, as well as additional information regarding recreational opportunities available at each site, please review our State Parks website. For additional information on historic sites, please visit the Illinois Department of Natural Resources Historic Preservation Division's website.
Normal park hours have resumed at all sites and playgrounds, shelters, beaches, pools and concessionaires are now open provided public health directives and social distancing are observed. Visitors centers will remain closed until further notice.
Campgrounds and camping will be open to the
public. IDNR asks campers to keep public health and safety top-of-mind by
adhering to the IDNR Camping Guidelines.
Our primary concern is the health and safety of our visitors. If you do choose to visit one of our state parks, please remember to:
- Practice social distancing by keeping at least six feet of distance between yourself and others;
- Please stay home if you are sick or feeling any symptoms, such as fever, coughing, troubled breathing, and/or other flu-like symptoms;
- Visit alone or with members of your household;
- Stay local and visit parks that are closest to where you live;
- If you arrive at a park and crowds are forming, please move to another area or return another time/day to visit; and
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper arm/elbow.
At the direction of the Illinois Department of Public Health, restrooms, shower buildings (for restroom and handwashing use only) and flush toilet buildings with hand washing facilities are open.
Please feel free to email us at DNR.Parksadmin@Illinois.gov with additional questions.