IRAP is leasing ponds, impoundments and stream banks along public waterways from private landowners and making access available for the general public. Fishing is a great way to spend quality time with your family and friends. It is a fulfilling experience when you take a youngster fishing and to see his eyes light up when he catches a bluegill! For more information visit IDNR’s fishing site. Available sites are listed on the IRAP Pond Site Map and River Bank Site Map.
Fishing activities on IRAP leased sites are available for public access: From April 1 – Sept. 30.
- A participant must first register online and receive an IRAP participant ID Number.
- Click Here for IRAP Registration/Reservation System
- During the registration process, the participant must agree to and sign the Liability Waiver.
- Once the IRAP participant is registered, he or she may go to IRAP’s reservation system and make up to three reservations at a time for fishing sites.
- When a reservation is complete, you will be instructed to print your IRAP Reservation Permit for your vehicle and a smaller one to carry on your person.
- If a family or group is participating in the same activity at the same site and day, all participants over the age of five must register.
IRAP access is provided through cooperation of private landowners
and the IL Dept. of Natural Resources.
Participating is this program is a special privilege.
Please be respectful, ethical and safe.
Leave site as you found it. Take ALL garbage with you.
Park vehicle in designated parking area.