APPLICATIONS ARE NOT BEING ACCEPTED
The primary objective of the
Mud to Parks grants is to encourage the removal of sediment from Illinois’ waterways to reuse for valuable projects that would create habitat, benefit the public and have long term sustainable impacts.
Applicants must fill out the Mud to Parks application and return it completed with all required attachments by the deadline. Applicants are not required to provide match, but it is highly encouraged. There is no maximum or minimum award amount, although applicants are encouraged to request no more than $250,000 in Mud to Parks grant funds.
Below are links to the application, instructions, forms and guidelines needed in order to apply for a Mud to Parks grant.
Funding priority is given to Applications that will use the grant money to address these program objectives and criteria:
- Ensure project benefits the public, recreational activites, habitat, and endangered and threatened species;
- Project will restore BOTH aquatic and land areas
- Project supports Ecosystem Partnership/watershed goals and Mud to Parks goals;
- Project will have long term (20 years+) sustainable impacts;
- Project has sound, achievable, and doable goals;
- Project is timely and is ready to be implemented now;
- Applicant has demonstrated the ability to implement/complete the project;
- Timetable appears reasonable and completion dates are realistic;
- Application is complete and well thought out;
- Project has multiple partners/match providers? Budget appears sound and appropriate;
- Demonstrates appropriate use of capital bond funds.
Application, instructions, forms and helpful links...