What is the Museum Capital Grant Program?
The Public Museum Capital Grants Program is designed to help public museums in Illinois expand and upgrade facilities and create new exhibits and other physical facilities to enhance public museums' abilities to meet their mission.
Museum Grants are available to non-profit public museums that meet the following criteria:
- Must have been open to the public, for its instruction and enjoyment, for at least two years
- Must be operated by or located upon land or owned by a unit of local government or certified as a public museum
- Must meet professional standards of the appropriate accreditation program
- Must have a professional staff
- Must care for and own or utilize tangible options and present programs and exhibits
- Must be open to the public on a regular schedule and must collect and maintain auditable attendance data
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted March 2, 2020 through May 29, 2020. All applictions must be received by mail and postmarked no later than May 29, 2020. Hand delivered applications cannot be accepted due to the IDNR building being closed to the public at this time.