Location: Take Illinois Route 93 west out of
Bradford 3.6 miles to township road 1300 E. Go south 1/2 mile to find
the north unit on the west side of the road. The bridge between the
north and south units is out. To get to the south unit from the
north unit return to Illinois Route 93. Head west for 1 mile then
turn south onto Modena Road (1200 E). Travel 2.5 miles south on Modena
Road (1200 E) and turn left (east) onto Faith Bible Camp Road. Travel 1.3
miles on Faith Bible Camp Road and turn left (north) on 1300 E Road.
Travel 0.8 miles north on 1300 E Road and the parking lot for the north unit
will be on the west side of the road.
Description: The Bradford Habitat Area
is composed of two separate units totaling 103 acres in Stark County.
Habitats include prairie and riparian forest with food plots interspersed.
Upland Game Permit
Non-Toxic Shot Only
All regulations found in
the Illinois Wildlife Code, Federal Regulations, and Administrative Orders will
apply unless area regulations are more restrictive.
Special Area Regulations:
- A Free Upland Game Permit Application must be
submitted online for a lottery drawing to be held in early September.
Applications will be accepted online only and will be available from August 1st
– August 31st. The application is available at: www2.illinois.gov/dnr/hunting/uplandgame/Pages/OnlinePermitApplication.aspx
- Hunters will be required to return their harvest
card prior to February 15th each year. The survey is required even if you
do not hunt.
- APPLICANTS MAY SUBMIT ONLY ONE APPLICATION PER
- Upland hunting is permitted on the first and
second day of the statewide upland game season and on each subsequent Wednesday
and Saturday in November, and on each Thursday and Sunday in December through
- Only one hunting party, consisting of the permit
holder and no more than 3 companions, will be allowed each day.
- All hunting must be with a shotgun or bow and
arrow only. Non-toxic shot only.
- Hunters must wear a cap and upper outer garment
of solid blaze orange of at least 400 square inches.
hunters must park in the designated parking lots.
deer hunting is allowed Oct 1 - Oct 31. Firearm deer hunting is not permitted.
hunters may use portable stands and remove the stands at the end of each day’s
hunt. Screw-in steps, nails, spikes, and other bark-piercing devices are STRICTLY
windshield card is required for archery deer hunting. These are available
online at dnr2.illinois.gov/windshieldcard/. Hunters will be required to return to this
website prior to February 15th each year to record harvest information. Failure
to submit data/card will result in loss of hunting privileges for the following
year. Reporting is required even if you do not hunt.
It Shall Be Unlawful:
- For any person to consume alcoholic beverage,
including beer and wine, while on the area for the purpose of hunting.
- To hunt in any area not designated as open to
- To park in any location except the designated
- To hunt within 100 yards of an inhabited
For further information contact: Hennepin Canal Parkway; 16006 - 875
East Street; Sheffield, IL 61361
Phone: (815) 454-2328