Double T State Fish and Wildlife Area
Location: 9 miles west of Canton on Route 9, turn right onto County Road 22H.
Description: 1,961 acres. As time and budget allow, this area is targeted for restoration activities and enhancement of wildlife habitat.
|Duck||Central Zone Season
||Legal opening to 1:00 p.m.
||Duck permits are allocated by drawing;|
See Waterfowl rules below
|Late Goose/Conservation Order Light Goose
||Central Zone Season||Statewide
||Stakes or pits allocated on a first come-first served basis;|
See Waterfowl rules below
||Sept 1. - 30
||Sept 1 - 5 Sunrise to noon; A drawing will be held 1 hour before sunrise at teh site office
Sept 6 - 30 Statewide
|Non-toxic shot only; |
- All statewide hunting regulations apply at site unless noted hereafter
- Severe weather and safety conditions can result in closing all or part of the lake.
- It will be unlawful to possess or consume alcoholic beverages while hunting in the area.
- Species specfic rules
- Duck permits are allocated by drawing. Applicants must apply online
- Open every Wednesday, Saturday adn Sunday during the Central Zone duck season
- 6 permits available per day
- Daily drawing for hunt location held at Rice Lake SFWA check station at 4:30 a.m.; after that time permits are void and standby hunters may enter drawing
- Hunting from stakes or pits only
- Hunters will be assigned sites next to numbered stakes/blinds/pits
- Hunters must park as assigned
Hunters walk-in assigned sites and must hunt within 10 feet of assigned stake. Hunters may not move from assigned stake to other stakes
- Stake/Blind/Pit 1-Lot 1
- 2/4-Lot 2/4
- 3-Lot 3
- 5-Lot 5
- 5-Lot 6
- 7-Lot 7
- 8-Lot 8
- 9-Lot 9
Permit holders may bring up to 3 guest
All hunting will cease at 1 p.m.
Hunters must self check-out at the box on the site
All use other than permit hunting is prohibited from October 1 through the close of the Central Zone Duck Season
Late Goose, Conservation Order Light Goose
- Statewide hours; opens the day after the close of the Central Zone Duck Season
- Hunters must check-in/check-out at the self check box on the site
- Hunting from stakes or pits only; 4 persons per stake
- Hunters cannot check in before 5:00 a.m. the day of the hunt
- Stakes or pits allocated on a first-come/first-serve basis
OTHER FACILITIES: Fishing.
For further information please contact: Rice Lake, 19721 N. US 24, Canton, IL 61520 (309) 647-9184.
Equal opportunity to participate in programs of
the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) and
those funded by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and
other agencies is available to all individuals
regardless of race, sex, national origin, disability,
age, religion, or other non-merit factors. If you
believe you have been discriminated against, contact the
funding source’s civil rights office and/or the Equal
Employment Opportunity Officer, IDNR, One Natural
Resources Way, Springfield, IL 62702; (217)785-0067; TTY