Location: 13 Miles south of Dixon on Rt. 26; then proceed 3 miles west of Rt. 26 on Maytown Road.
Description: Total area - 2,565 acres, Huntable Acres - 2,515. The area is one of gently rolling topography. Much of the area consists of slough, woodlands, cultivated fields, grasslands, and wetlands.
Available Game Species:
|Crow ||Jan. 1 - Feb. 28||Statewide ||Statewide ||See #1 |
|Raccoon & Opossum ||Statewide||See # 3||Statewide ||See # 1, 3|
|Fox ||Statewide ||See # 3||Statewide ||See # 1, 3|
|Coyote & Skunk ||Nov. 10 - Feb. 28||See # 3 ||Statewide ||See # 1, 2, 3|
- All regulations found in the Illinois Wildlife Code, Federal Regulations and Administrative Orders will apply unless area regulations are more restrictive.
- Hunters must obtain a site windshield card online from https://dnr2.illinois.gov/windshieldcard/. Complete all fields as necessary and print Windshield Card and accompanying pocket card. Your windshield card must be displayed under the vehicle windshield, face-up, with the windshield card number visible and the pocket card portion in your possession while hunting at the site. Hunters must report their annual harvest online (even if you did not hunt) by February 15. Hunters shall forfeit their hunting privileges at the site for the following year if they fail to report by the prescribed deadline.
Special Area Regulations:
- Closed during the site's firearm deer season. During the archery season, archery hunting hours for these species is from 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset only.
- After February 15th, coyote and skunk hunting hours are from 30 minutes before sunrise until 30 minutes after sunset.
- Further restrictions may exist. See regulations posted at the site before hunting.
IT SHALL BE UNLAWFUL:
- To hunt in any area not designated as being open to hunting or to hunt off IDNR property.
- To park anywhere on the site except in the designated parking lots & for unauthorized vehicles to enter upon any trail.
- To hunt with anything other than a shotgun or bow and arrow; except that .22 rimfire firearms may be used for raccoon, opossum, fox, coyote and skunk from 30 minutes after sunset until 30 minutes before sunrise.
- For any person to consume any alcoholic beverage, or illegal drugs or to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs while on the area for the purpose of hunting.
- To possess weapons in the field except during hunting hours
Other Activities/Facilities Available: Hiking, equestrian trails, camping, pavillion w/electricity and grill.
For Further Information contact: Green River State Wildlife Area, 375 Game Rd. Harmon, IL. 61042 (815) 379-2324