Location: 13 Miles south of Dixon on Rt. 26; then proceed 3 miles west of Rt. 26 on Maytown Road.
Description: Total area - 2,565 acres. Huntable Acres - 2,515. The area is one of gently rolling topography. Much of the area consists of slough, woodlands, cultivated fields, grasslands, and wetlands. Active habitat management will be occurring throughout the year on the site.
||Special Area Regulations|
||See #1, 2, 3, 5|
||See #1, 3, 4, 5|
All regulations found in the Illinois Wildlife Code, Federal Regulations, and Administrative Rules will apply unless area regulations are more restrictive.
Hunters must obtain a site windshield card online at https://dnr2.illinois.gov/windshieldcard/ . Complete all fields as necessary and print windshield card and accompanying pocket card. Your windshield card must be displayed under the vehicle windshield, face up, with the windshield card number visible and the pocket card portion in your possession while hunting at the site. Hunters must report their annual harvest online (even if you did not hunt) by February 15, 2021. Hunters shall forfeit their hunting privileges at the site for the following year if they fail to report by the prescribed deadline.
Special Area Regulations:
- All turkeys harvested on this site must be checked in / reported via the statewide telephone reporting system as outlined on your turkey hunting permit. Be sure to report is as harvested on a special hunt area (Green River SWA) and NOT as harvested in Lee County.
- All hunters must possess a site specific turkey permit for Green River SWA for the specific season they are hunting on the site. Permits are issued through the Springfield permit office. Seasonal hunter quota is 10. Standby hunting is not available
- All statewide regulations as to weapon type, shot size, draw, weight, arrow type, etc. apply on this site.
- Youth Turkey Season: Hunters are required to possess a county specific permit (Lee County).. Youth hunters must be accompanied by a non-hunting parent, guardian, or responsible adult who has in his or her possession a valid Firearm Owner's Identification (FOID) card.
- Further restrictions may exist. See posted regulations before hunting.
It Shall Be Unlawful:
- To hunt in any area not designated as being open to hunting or to hunt off IDNR property.
- To park anywhere on the site except in the designated parking lots or for unauthorized vehicles to enter upon any trail.
- To hunt with anything other than a shotgun or bow and arrow.
- For any person to consume any alcoholic beverage or to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs while on the area for the purpose of hunting.
- To possess weapons in the field except during hunting hours.
Other Activities / Facilities Available: Hiking, equestrian trails, camping, pavilion w/ electricity and grill.
For further information contact: Green River SWA; 375 Game Rd.; Harmon, IL 61042 Phone: 815/379-2324