Green River - Upland Game
Location: 13 Miles south of Dixon on Rt. 26; then
proceed 3 miles west of Rt. 26 on Maytown Road.
Description: Total area - 2,565
acres, Huntable Acres - 2,515. The area is one of gently rolling topography.
Much of the area consists of slough, woodlands, cultivated fields,
grasslands, and wetlands.
Available Game Species:
#1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9
am - 4 pm
#1, 3, 5, 8, 9
All regulations found in the Illinois Wildlife
Code, Federal Regulations and Administrative Orders will apply unless area
regulations are more restrictive.
Special Area Regulations:
- All hunters are required to sign in prior to
hunting and to check out and report harvest immediately after
the conclusion of the hunt. Sign in / check out box is located at the hunter
- Permit required.
- All hunters are required to wear a cap and upper outer garment of
solid and vivid blaze orange of at least 400 sq. inches.
- Hunting by permit only! Permits are allocated by the IDNR Permit
Office; application period will be publicly announced. Additional information
can be found in the Illinois Hunting Digest or by contacting (217/782-6384).
Permit holder may bring up to 5 hunting partners. Contact site for further
- Nontoxic shot only! Size #3 or smaller steel or tin shot; size #4
or smaller bismuth; size #5 or smaller tungsten (iron, polymer, matrix).
- 2021 Non-Fee Hunting
Dates: Nov. 8, 10, 11, 15, 17, 18, 22, 24, 25, 29, and Dec. 1, 6, 8, 9, 13, 15,
16, and 20.
- 2021 Controlled/Fee Pheasant Hunting Dates: Nov. 5, 6, 7, 12,
13 (youth hunters only), 14, 26, 27, 28, and Dec. 10, 11, 12, 17, 18,
- Hunters must remain in assigned area for at least the first hour
- Further restrictions may exist. See regulations posted at the site
For Further Information contact: Green River State Wildlife Area, 375 Game
Road, Harmon, IL 61042
- To hunt in any area not designated as being open to hunting or to
hunt off IDNR property.
- To park anywhere on the site except in the designated parking lots
or for unauthorized vehicles to enter upon any trail.
- To hunt with anything other than a shotgun or bow and arrow with
- For any person to consume any alcoholic beverage or illegal drugs
or to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs while on the area for
the purpose of hunting.
- To possess weapons in the field except during hunting hours.
Phone (815) 379-2324
Equal opportunity to participate in programs of
the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) and
those funded by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and
other agencies is available to all individuals
regardless of race, sex, national origin, disability,
age, religion, or other non-merit factors. If you
believe you have been discriminated against, contact the
funding source’s civil rights office and/or the Equal
Employment Opportunity Officer, IDNR, One Natural
Resources Way, Springfield, IL 62702; (217)785-0067; TTY