NAME: Rauchfuss Hill State Recreation Area
LOCATION: North of and adjacent to Golconda Marina, on east side of St. Rt. 146, 1 mile north of the 4-way stop in Golconda
Total Acres: 261 Huntable Acres: 70
Water Acres: Borders the Ohio River Timber Acres: 256
AVAILABLE GAME SPECIES:
Deer-Archery only Turkey Squirrel Furbearer
This area is managed as a satellite of Dixon Springs State Park. There are good populations of deer, and wild turkey.
OTHER ACTIVITIES AVAILABLE:
Fishing on the Ohio River and adjacent Lusk Creek, site is directly north of and adjacent to Golconda Marina
Hiking and nature observation
- All hunters must SIGN IN and OUT and report harvest each day at the registration boxes before leaving the site.
- Portable stands only for deer hunting. No permanent stands, screw-in steps or other devices that pierce the bark of trees. Stands must be marked with the hunter's name, address and phone number. Stands may be left unattended Sept. 1 - Jan. 31. Only one stand per hunter.
- No crow hunting is allowed on the area.
- Archery hunting is only allowed for deer.
- Additional regulations will be posted at the parking lot.
For additional information, contact: Dixon Springs State Park, 24 Park Road, Golconda, IL 62938; Phone: (618) 949-3304