Location: Winnebago County, Rock Cut State Park Check Station, 7318 Harlem Rd., Loves Park, IL 61111.
2021 Hunting Season Updates:
- There will be no drawing for hunters to pick sites.
- Hunters will receive a letter with their assigned hunting site.
Program Description: The focus of this hunt is to allow hunters with disabilities an
opportunity to participate in a Department of Natural Resources program for
managing the deer and turkey herd at Rock Cut State Park. This site is owned and managed by the Illinois Department of Natural
Resources. Management activities on this site may occur throughout the year,
including the hunting seasons.
Day of the Hunt Registration is located at the Park Office between
4:00am and 5:00am. Pre-Selected Hunters and partners must be registered by
5:00am. Any unfilled sites will be filled by standby hunters
(hunters with disabilities will be given priority over able-bodied standby
hunters). Daily quota is 40.
|Fall Turkey||Nov. 11 - 13, 2021||Statewide||Statewide||See Below|
|Firearm Deer||Nov. 11 - 13, 2021||Statewide||Statewide||See Below|
All Regulations found in the Illinois Wildlife
Code, Federal Regulations, and Administrative Orders will apply unless area
regulations are more restrictive.
Special Area Regulations:
- Eligible hunters with disabilities must have a class P2A
disability card, valid FOID card, proof of passing a Hunters Safety Course and
a current Habitat Stamp. All hunting partners will be required to possess
a current Illinois Hunting license, valid FOID card, proof of passing a
Hunters Safety Course and current Habitat Stamp.
- All pre-selected hunters and partners will be required to purchase
Site-Specific Permits for $25.00 valid for season. Additional permits and/or
standby permits may be purchased for $5.00 and are valid that day only. Only
hunters with disabilities possessing a valid P2A disability card are eligible
to purchase site-specific turkey permits for $15.00.
- A safe range of fire has been determined for each blind site.
Hunters must restrict their shots to the approved range of fire.
- All hunting is restricted to the assigned blind sites only. State
personnel must escort hunters to track and dispatch wounded deer or turkeys.
- A review of site regulations and safety information will be
conducted prior to the daily drawing.
- All hunters must wear a solid blaze orange hat and an upper outer
garment displaying at least 400 square inches of solid blaze orange.
- Turkeys of either sex may be harvested and must be brought in
whole (not field dressed) to the check station.
- See 17 Ill. Adm. Code, Section 650.30 a) for legal hunting devices allowed.
It Shall Be Unlawful:
- To hunt in any area other than at your designated blind site.
- For non-hunters (with the exception of non-hunting partners) to be
in the field while the hunt is in progress.
- For any person to consume or possess any alcoholic beverage at Rock
Cut State Park.
- The driving and stalking of deer is strictly prohibited.
Active habitat management will be occurring throughout the year on the site.
For further information contact: Rock Cut State Park, 7318 Harlem Road, Loves Park, IL 61111 (815) 885-3311