Location: Rockton Bog State Natural Area is located in the northwestern Winnebago County, approximately three miles northwest of Rockton, IL. From Rockton, IL take Rockton Road west one mile to Prairie Ave, turn right (north) approximately two miles, hunter access parking is located on the left just past Fisher Road.
Hunting Area: The area consists of approximately 156 acres. It is a mixture of sedge meadow, prairie, shrub, and open sand forest communities. The area is open for archery deer hunting only. This site is owned and managed by the Illinois Department
of Natural Resources. Management activities on this site may occur throughout
the year, including the hunting seasons.
All regulations found in the Wildlife Code and Administrative Orders will apply unless area regulations are more restrictive.
Hunters must obtain a Windshield Card online from dnr2.illinois.gov/Windshieldcard. To do so, navigate to "hunting/trapping" and then "public hunting areas". Proceed to "Windshield Card for Public Hunting Areas" and select "Print Windshield Card tab under the "Upland/Forest Game (and Dog Training)" column. Complete all fields as necessary and print the Windshield Card and accompanying pocket card. This your windshield card msut be displayed under the vehicle windshield, face up, with the windshield card number visible and the pocket card in your possession while hunting at the site. Hunters must report their annual harvest online (even if you did not hunt) by February 15. Hunters shall forfeit their hunting privileges at the site for the following year if they fail to report by the prescribed deadline.
- Archery hunting is allowed at Rockton Bog during the firearm seasons. Blaze orange must be worn if hunting during the firearm deer seasons.
- All hunting must be with a legal bow and arrow devise.
- Only one tree stand per hunter and all stands and climbing devices must be portable and removed at the end of each day.
- It is unlawful for any person to construct or use any tree stand or climbing devise such as nails screws, wire or any other device which pierces or cuts the bark of trees.
It Shall Be Unlawful:
- For any person to consume any alcoholic beverage, including beer and wine, or other illegal substance, while on the area for the purpose of hunting.
- To hunt in any area not designated as open to hunting.
- To park in any location except the designated parking area.
- For unauthorized vehicles to enter upon any interior road or trail.
- To have ground fires.
For further information contact: Rock Cut State Park, 7318 Harlem Road, Loves Park, IL 61111
Phone: (815) 885-3311