Snowmobiling Code of Ethics
- I will be a good sports enthusiast. I recognize that people judge all snowmobile owners by my actions. I will use my influence with other snowmobile owners to promote fair conduct.
- I will not litter trails or camping areas. I will not pollute streams or lakes.
- I will not damage living trees, shrubs, or other natural features. I will go out only when there is sufficient snow so that I will not damage the land.
- I will respect other people's property and rights.
- I will lend a helping hand when I see someone in distress.
- I will make myself and my snowmobile available to assist search and rescue parties.
- I will not interfere with or harass hikers, skiers, snowshoers, ice anglers, or other winter sports enthusiasts. I will respect their right to enjoy our recreation facilities.
- I will know and obey all federal, state and local rules regulating the operation of snowmobiles in areas where I ride. I will inform public officials when using public land.
- I will not chase or harass wildlife. I will avoid areas posted for the protection or feeding of wildlife.
- I will stay on marked trails, roads or areas open to snowmobiles. I will not snowmobile where prohibited.