The official posting site for all Illinois EPA positions is work.illinois.gov
Application procedures will also be found on the website.
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (Illinois EPA). We continuously strive to identify and hire a diverse team of professionals to help advance the Illinois EPA's mission. In addition to full time positions, the Illinois EPA also has several
internship programs for college level students to prepare them to be the environmental stewards of the future.
There are many different job classifications defined by
Central Management Services (CMS). The Illinois EPA has a variety of technical and professional staff positions, including specialists, geologists, engineers, biologists, chemists, as well as positions involved with legal and administrative services.
- Life Science Career Trainee
- Environmental Protection Engineer I
- Environmental Protection Geologist I
- Environmental Protection Specialist I
- Chemist I
How to Apply
- Create a candidate profile by selecting "Join Talent Community."
- Upload a current resume, which is required for most positions to verify employment history.
- Establish "Job Alerts" for keywords, counties, job titles, locations, zip codes, agencies, etc.
- Upload a copy of your college transcript or diploma demonstrating educational achievement; unsubstantiated education will not be considered when evaluating qualifications.
- Complete the application questions with concise information by providing as much detail as possible.
The benefits of working at the Illinois EPA includes a 37.5 hour work week, a generous salary, and many benefits, such as paid time off for vacation, illness, personal leave, and holidays. Additional benefits include pension and other retirement benefits, tuition reimbursement, and insurance eligibility on day one (medical, dental, vision, and life).
As an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce, Illinois EPA welcomes and encourages applications from all persons regardless of race, skin color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, political affiliations, marital status, physical or mental disability, age, or status in an employee organization. Also, the Illinois EPA and CMS recognize veterans' preference for individuals seeking employment in positions under the Personnel Code. Applicants in need of an accommodation should contact the Office of Human Resources or the Agency EEO/AA Officer.
For additional information regarding titles utilized by the Illinois EPA and/or the application process, please contact the Illinois EPA Office of Human Resources at (217) 524-8808, or you may contact the CMS Bureau of Personnel/Examining at (217) 785-1985 or (312) 793-3565 to arrange a meeting with a counselor to discuss titles that may match with your education and experience.