If your question is not answered here, please check our Quick Answer Directory for the proper phone number to call.

Does my company need a pollution control permit?

This question is answered in detail in the Does My Business Need a Pollution Control Permit? document, created by the IEPA's Office of Small Business.

How do I apply for a job with the Illinois EPA?

Positions filled under the Personnel Code require obtaining an eligibility grade from the Department of Central Management Services for appropriate position titles. Counseling services are available at the Department for those individuals unsure of the position titles they may qualify for. It should be noted that although your name appears on an eligibility list, it does not assure you of a personal interview. An Executive Order gives preference to Illinois veterans in employment interviews and consideration. 

Contact the Department of Central Management Services at one of the addresses below for additional information and testing schedules.

Central Management Services
500 Stratton Office Building
Springfield, Illinois 62706
Phone: (217) 524-1321
TDD: (217) 524-1383

Central Management Services
James R. Thompson Center, Suite 3-300
Chicago, Illinois 60601
Phone: (312) 814-5067
TDD: (312) 814-4458