The Illinois Pollution Control Board adopted rule amendments to the Stage II gasoline vapor recovery equipment program on December 19, 2013. In summary, the amended rules make three significant changes:.
- Beginning January 1, 2014, removes the Stage II gasoline vapor recovery equipment installation requirements for new retail and commercial gasoline dispensing facilities (GDF) in the Chicago nonattainment area
- Existing GDFs that have Stage II systems must decommission such equipment between January 1, 2014 and December 31, 2016
- Establishes decommissioning procedures, qualified contractor eligibility requirements, and required reporting to be submitted to the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (Illinois EPA) within certain timeframes.
Below are links to the rules and required forms. Please read these documents for additional information on the important dates, contractor requirements, the "Notice of Intent" that will need to be submitted prior to the start of decommissioning, and the "Checklist" form to be completed by the facility and each of the contractors.
Having Trouble Opening These Forms?: If you click on one of these links and get a message that starts with "
Please wait...", then your web browser is probably using a built-in PDF viewer, rather than using Acrobat Reader. In that case, upgrading to the latest version of Acrobat Reader will
not fix the problem. Instead, do this:
- Right-click on the link and select "
Save link as..." to download the form to your local drive.
- Use Acrobat Reader to open the downloaded file from your local drive.