Where to Get Help

Child drinking water from a glass

Your local health department is the best place to start regarding private well information and testing. Most local health departments can provide testing for coliform bacteria and nitrate. To find your local county health department, visit the alphabetical listing of Local Health Departments, or the online regional map.