Did you know that it is illegal in Illinois to throw a specific set of electronic devices (listed below) into the trash?
Consumer Electronics Recycling Act establishes a statewide system for recycling and/or reusing a set of electronic devices that are unwanted by Illinois residents. The electronics manufacturers are required to participate in the management of these devices.
Devices Covered Under Program
- Computers and Small-Scale Servers
- Computer Monitors
- Electronic Keyboards & Mice
- Printers, Fax Machines, and Scanners
- DVD Players, DVD Recorders, and VCRs
- Digital Converter Boxes, Cable Receivers, and Satellite Receivers
- Portable Digital Music Players and Video Game Consoles
Electronics Recycling Collection Locations
Note: It is important to call the collector to ensure they accept your device type as retailers do not have to accept all device types.
Factsheets & Reports
IEPA 2020 E-Waste Summary Collection Report
IEPA 2019 E-Waste Summary Collection Report
If you have questions which cannot be answered by navigating through the electronic waste recycling pages, please email the
No electronics are accepted at Illinois EPA.