Having Trouble Opening These Forms?: If you click on one of these links and get a message that starts with "Please wait...", then your web browser is probably using a built-in PDF viewer, rather than using Acrobat Reader. In that case, upgrading to the latest version of Acrobat Reader will
not fix the problem. Instead, do this:
- Right-click on the link and select "Save link as..." to download the form to your local drive.
- Use Acrobat Reader to open the downloaded file from your local drive.
- If you need additional assistance, contact EPA.HaulingPermits@Illinois.gov.
Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (IEPA) regulates the transportation of the following wastes: Used Tires, Special Waste including Hazardous Waste, and Potentially Infectious Medical Waste (PIMW). There are no manifest requirements for waste tires, but the other programs require that all loads be accompanied by the appropriate manifest forms purchased from IEPA.
Transporting Special Waste requires:
- A special waste hauling permit
- A Manifest.
- Hazardous Special Waste
- To transport RCRA or TSCA waste, you must obtain a U.S. EPA ID Number by filling out a form 8700-12.
Transporting Potentially Infectious Medical Waste (PIMW) requires:
- A PIMW hauling permit
PIMW manifest purchased from IEPA, and
- Submission of reports of activities.
Applications not accompanied by completed 39(i) certificates will be rejected.
Handling Used Tires: