The Health Equity and Quality subcommittee is established to advise the Medicaid Advisory Committee concerning strategies to improve customer outcomes by ensuring that populations covered under Healthcare and Family Services' Medical Assistance program have efficient, cost effective, and timely access to quality care that meets their need without discrimination based on race/ethnicity, gender, primary language, disability, sexual orientation, or socio-economic status.
This subcommittee shall:
- Identify and Review evidence-based practices and programs that can improve patient care, population health outcomes by addressing strategies supporting the social determinants of health.
- Examine barriers that impact customer access to care and utilization of health care services and recommend strategies to mitigate these barriers.
- Recommend Improvements to quality metrics and indicators.
- Assess streamlined approaches to identifying gaps in the delivery of services to Medicaid Customers.
- Identify methods that can be modified or adapted to strengthen continuity of care.
- Develop data informed recommendations to improve program implementation and evaluation metrics.
- Recommend methods to improve provider participation and network adequacy.
- Review and provide recommendations on how the Department can mitigate health disparities and the impact on communities disproportionately affect by COVID-19.
- Consider and make recommendations on the definition of a "community" safety-net designation of certain hospitals
- Make recommendations on the establishment of a regional partnership to bring additional specialty services to communities.
- Review and make recommendations to address equity and healthcare transformation.