Illinois’ Managed Care Programs
Welcome to the Managed Care section of the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS) website.
Illinois is expanding their managed care program to cover all counties in Illinois during 2018. This program is a member-focused program called HealthChoice Illinois.
As a HealthChoice Illinois member, you’ll get to choose from a range of professional health plans and pick the one that’s right for you. We’re going to help you on your healthare journey, making sure you know all the choices you have to lead a healthy life, so you can get the right care when you need it.
What is Managed Care?
Managed care is a kind of health insurance program. When you enroll in managed care, you become a member of a Health Plan. You will have at least 5 Health Plans to choose from depending on where you live. The Health Plan you choose will offer you a full range of services while helping you coordinate your health care.
What is Care Coordination and why is it important?
Serving members through care coordination is an effective way to provide health care services to you. Included here are some of the ways care coordination through your Health Plan can help you:
- Find a primary care provider (PCP) who will get to know you and your health care needs
- Help you manage your health care conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure or asthma
- Give you information you need to stay healthy
- Help you identify your health goals and create a care plan to achieve those goals
What can a Care Coordinator help me do?
Some individuals get a care coordinator to help you reach your goals. A care coordinator can:
- Answer questions about your care
- Help you find a doctor or specialist
- Help you transition out of a hospital or facility
- Help connect you with community resources
This site will include information on the Medicaid Managed Care programs offered in Illinois, how to enroll, and who to contact if you have questions about your Health Plan.