Sign In

HFS logo

All Kids Member Handbook: About Grievances

​What is a grievance?

If you think Healthcare and Family Services staff or the Department of Human Services staff did not treat you well, you can file a grievance. A grievance is a complaint that is in writing a letter.

How to file a grievance

To file a grievance:

  1. Write a letter about your complaint or fill out a complaint form. To get a form, call All Kids at 1-866-All-Kids (1-866-255-5437) (TTY: 1-877-204-1012). The call is free. 

    You can also call or go to your local Department of Human Services office.

  2. Mail the complaint letter or form within 60 days of the day you think you were treated unfairly.

Mail it to any Department of Healthcare and Family Services or Department of Human Services office in Illinois. Call the All Kids number if you need help finding the address.

If you want to file a grievance, be sure to send it within 60 days of the day of your complaint.

All Kids Hotline 1-866-ALL-KIDS (1-866-255-5437)

TTY: 1-877-204-1012


All Kids

 Need Assistance?

Illinois Healthcare and Family Services

JB Pritzker, Governor • Theresa Eagleson, Director