Date: June 2, 2022
To: Long Term Care Facilities - Nursing Facilities (NF)
Re: Collection of Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) Employee Information
The Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS) is establishing a process for nursing facilities (NF) to provide certified nurse assistant (CNA) employee tenure/promotion information to HFS for inclusion in the rate setting process effective July 1, 2022. Completion of the process will be required for receipt of substantial new subsidies that are now available to NF that comply with the newly established minimum pay-scale.
HFS will be utilizing the SharePoint site that was developed in 2019, initially for the Long Term Care (LTC) Admission Transaction Rejections/Advance Payment projects, to facilitate the secure submittal of information regarding CNAs and their work tenure.
If the LTC provider is not already registered on this SharePoint site, or has changed ownership since 2019, please submit contact information for two (2) employees to HFS via the HFS mailbox HFS.LTC@illinois.gov. Please use the subject line "SharePoint Contact Information" when sending the following information.
- Name of Facility
- HFS Provider Number
- Name of Employee (First and Last)
- Employee's Title
- Employee's Direct Phone Number
- Employee's Email Address
- Name of any Corporate or Parent Company
If the provider wants a Corporate/Parent Company employee to have access to the SharePoint site, the same list of information must be provided for the Corporate/Parent Company employee. Please provide the contact information to HFS by June 6th, 2022.
Once the contact information is approved, a spreadsheet will be made accessible for download and completion. HFS will pre-populate the spreadsheet with information from the 4th
Quarter 2021 Payroll Based Journal (PBJ), as well as from the Department of Public Health's healthcare workforce registry but needs your assistance in connecting those two sources of information at the worker level. HFS also needs information from CNAs to confirm their experience working in a facility and is asking the facility to incorporate that information in the spreadsheets they return. We encourage facilities to begin collecting this information now to expedite data submittal once HFS makes the spreadsheets available. Completion of the spreadsheet will require the following items:
- CNA Employee ID from Payroll Based Journal (PBJ) data,
- CNA years of experience per facility records (total, not just current facility),
- CNA promotion status from a dropdown selection of the following:
- CNA II (with Advanced Nursing Aide training)
- CNA Trainer, Preceptor, or Mentor,
- CNA captain
- CNA Dementia or Memory Care Specialist
- CNA Behavioral Health Specialist
- CNA Geriatric Specialist
- CNA Infection Control Specialist
- CNA Activities Specialist
- CNA CPR Educator
- CNA promotion status description if "Other" selected
- CNA promotion date, inclusive of dates up to the current timeframe.
Questions regarding this notice may be directed to the Bureau of Long Term Care at 1-844-528-8444.
Kelly Cunningham, Administrator
Division of Medical Programs