Date: June 21, 2022
To: Long Term Care Facilities - Nursing Facilities (NF)
Re: Collection of Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) Employee Information
Pursuant to the June 2, 2022 Provider Notice, the Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS) has established a process for nursing facilities (NF) to provide certified nurse assistant (CNA) employee experience/promotion information to HFS for inclusion in the rate setting process effective July 1, 2022. Completion of the process will be required for receipt of substantial new subsidies that are now available to NFs that comply with the newly established minimum pay-scale.
HFS is utilizing the SharePoint site that was developed in 2019, initially for the Long Term Care (LTC) Admission Transaction Rejections/Advance Payment projects, to facilitate the secure submittal of information regarding CNAs and their work experience.
HFS has set up directories specific to the collection of CNA data and has created provider specific folders linked to the contacts submitted by providers earlier in June. Spreadsheets have been uploaded to each provider's folder that have been pre-populated with information from the 4th Quarter 2021 Payroll Based Journal (PBJ), as well as from the Department of Public Health's healthcare workforce registry.
Provider assistance is required to connect those two sources of information at the worker level. HFS needs information from CNAs to confirm their experience working in a facility and is asking the facility to incorporate that information in the spreadsheets they return. Instructions for completion are included within the spreadsheet and require the following items:
CNA Employee ID from Payroll Based Journal (PBJ) data,
CNA years of experience per facility records (total, not just current facility),
CNA months of experience per facility records (total, not just current facility),
CNA promotion status from a dropdown selection of the following:
- CNA II (with Advanced Nursing Aide training)
- CNA Trainer, Preceptor, or Mentor
- CNA captain
- CNA Dementia or Memory Care Specialist
- CNA Behavioral Health Specialist
- CNA Geriatric Specialist
- CNA Infection Control Specialist
- CNA Activities Specialist
- CNA CPR Educator
- CNA promotion date, inclusive of dates up to the current timeframe.
Instructions regarding the credentials needed to log into the SharePoint site have been emailed to individual contacts. The email also contained the following login instructions:
- In your Browser, go to the following URL: https://hfs.partner.illinois.gov/ltcexchange
- Check "This is a private computer" under "Security".
- Select "Partner" account
- You will be prompted to enter the User ID and Password supplied by HFS
- You should change your password in "SharePoint" at least every 60 days, but 30 days is even better.
- Contact HFS.LTC@Illinois.gov if you experience any issues logging in.
To allow for the timely calculation of the July 1, 2022, per diem rates, HFS is requesting the spreadsheets by completed and uploaded to the SharePoint site by June 30, 2022.
Questions regarding this notice may be directed to the Bureau of Long Term Care at
Kelly Cunningham, Administrator
Division of Medical Programs