Date: September 14, 2022
To: Long Term Care Facilities - Nursing Facilities (NF)
Re: Nursing Facilities – Quality and Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Wage Subsidy Payments
Quality and Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Wage Subsidy Payments for July 2022 through September 2022
- The Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS) has finalized calculations for the Quality and CNA Wage Subsidy payments for the July 2022 through September 2022 quarter.
- Quality payment amounts were previously posted to the HFS Medicaid Reimbursement page for Long Term Care.
- CNA Wage Scale subsidy payments will be posted at the same link.
- Total payment amounts for each provider are separated by payer source (fee-for-service (FFS) or Managed Care Organization (MCO)).
- HFS previously requested Provider Payee Information for use by MCOs to pay the Quality and CNA Wage Subsidy payments. MCOs will not be able to pay their portion of the Quality and CNA Wage Subsidy payments to any provider that has not submitted payee information to HFS.
- Providers can expect payments from HFS prior to the end of the month.
- MCOs currently are loading payee information and setting up their systems to distribute the funding. It is anticipated that this initial quarter will take longer for the MCOs to distribute their portion of the funding due to the up-front system changes. Once the process is established, MCOs should be capable of distributing funds within two weeks of receipt from HFS.
CNA Wage Subsidy Payments for October 2022 through December 2022
Provider specific files will be loaded this week to the LTC Exchange SharePoint site.
- All providers participating in the CNA Wage Subsidy program for the October 2022 – December 2022 quarter will be required to fill out the experience levels and upload the spreadsheets to the LTC Exchange SharePoint site.
- Providers that participated in the July 2022 – September 2022 quarter will not be required to sign an additional certification form.
- Providers that are participating in the CNA Wage Subsidy program for the first time in October 2022 will also be required to fill out and sign the CNA Pay Scale Enrollment Form for October 1, 2022, and upload it to the LTC Exchange SharePoint site. The form can be located at HFS Medicaid Reimbursement page for Long Term Care.
Questions regarding these payments should be sent to HFS.LTC@illinois.gov
Kelly Cunningham, Administrator
Division of Medical Programs