Date: December 7, 2022
To: Long Term Care Facilities - Nursing Facilities
Re: Nursing Facilities – Quality and Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Pay Scale Subsidy Payment Updates
This notice provides an update to nursing facilities regarding the Quality and Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Pay Scale Subsidy Payments.
First quarter (July 2022 through September 2022) Payments –
- Payments for the Quality and the CNA Pay Scale Subsidy programs have been sent to Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) for payment to providers.
- The Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS) anticipates MCOs taking up to three weeks to pay providers for the first round of payments.
- In the August 5, 2022, provider notice, HFS requested provider payee information for use by MCOs to pay the Quality and CNA Pay Scale Subsidy payments. MCOs will not be able to pay their portion of the Quality and CNA Pay Scale Subsidy payments to any provider that has not submitted payee information to HFS. Please follow the instructions in the provider notice to submit outstanding payee information to the Department.
- The Department is also generating payments for the Quality and CNA programs that will go directly to providers for the fee-for-service (FFS) portion. Payments are anticipated to be made by December 23, 2022
Second quarter (October 2022 through December 2022) Payments –
Third quarter (January 2023 through March 2023) Payments -
- Payments for Quality and CNA Pay Scale Subsidies will be sent to MCOs prior to the end of December 2022.
- The fee-for service portion will also be sent to the Comptroller for payment prior to the end of December 2022.
- Fee-for-service and MCO payments for the CNA Pay Scale Subsidies are being held for a number of facilities until they fill out CNA experience levels and upload spreadsheets for the October 2022 - December 2022 quarter. Please note that these spreadsheets must be submitted prior to the beginning of each quarter.
- Provider specific files will be loaded the week of December 5, 2022, to the LTC Exchange SharePoint site.
- All providers participating in the CNA Pay Scale Subsidy program for the January 2023 – March 2023 quarter will be required to fill out the experience levels and upload the spreadsheets to the LTC Exchange SharePoint site.
- Providers that participated in the previous quarter will not be required to sign an additional certification form.
- Providers that are participating in the CNA Pay Scale Subsidy program for the first time in January 2023 will also be required to fill out and sign the CNA Pay Scale Enrollment Form for January 1, 2023 and upload it to the LTC Exchange SharePoint site. The form can be located at HFS Medicaid Reimbursement page for Long Term Care.
- Payments for the third quarter will be sent to MCOs and the Comptroller for payment prior to the end of January 2023.
Questions regarding these payments should be sent to HFS.LTC@illinois.gov.
Kelly Cunningham, Administrator
Division of Medical Programs