Certify for Weekly Benefits
Online filing and claims applications will be unavailable every night from 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. for daily claims processing. Thank you for your patience.
Before certifying, are you aware of common mistakes made by UI claimants?
Maintain your eligibility for current and future unemployment insurance benefits by familiarizing yourself with the following common mistake or misunderstanding.
Examples of UI Fraud include situations where an individual:
Violators could face:
- Returns to work but continues to collect UI benefits
- Works at a part-time job but does not report their earnings to IDES, thereby collecting more benefits than are allowed
- Works odd jobs while collecting UI benefits but does not report the earnings when filing his or her weekly claim
- Large fines and penalties
- Prison sentences
- Offset against State and Federal income tax returns
- Loss of future UI benefits
Any information submitted by you to IDES may be verified through computer matching progams in order to determine your eligibility for Unemployment Insurance benefits.