You Can Now Report and Pay Unemployment Insurance Taxes through MyTax Illinois!
Important Message from Jeff Mays, IDES Director
What have we changed?
Illinois employers can now use MyTax Illinois to complete all their unemployment insurance (UI) tax processes. MyTax Illinois is the secure website, maintained by the Illinois Department of Revenue (IDOR) and used by Illinois employers to electronically file returns and pay taxes and fees. MyTax Illinois has more online features to better serve all our employers’ needs.
What can employers expect?
With MyTax Illinois, employers can
- File monthly/quarterly wage reports
- Make tax payments
- Request refunds online
- Submit tax appeals electronically
- Request penalty/interest waivers
- Set up a deferred payment plan
- Submit Power of Attorney relationships
- Report zero quarterly wages
- View your annual rates
- Register your new business with both IDOR and IDES at one time
- And much more...
IDES encourages you to fully utilize MyTax Illinois for all your State of Illinois tax needs. We are dedicated to improving the tax experience for all Illinois employers.
Keep watching this website for additional information. For more information click on the appropriate link below or call the IDES Employer Hotline at 1-800-247-4984. Thank you!
Employer Consequences of UI Program Violations
Click here to learn more about
Employer Consequences (PDF)
These violations include:
- Personal liability of corporate officers for willfully failing to make UI payments or not submitting information and reports as required.
- Increased employer UI taxes.
- Penalties for late reports and interest charges for late payments.
- Possible inspection by IDES Field Auditor.
- Time off from work to attend mandatory appeal hearings.
Continue to MyTax Illinois