Make Changes to your UI Account - Request to close your UI account, make wage corrections - Name or social security number corrections
Complete the changes online at the
MyTax Illinois website or the
Notice of Change form UI-50 for:
- Phone Number Change/Name Change/Address Change/Miscellaneous Changes
- Business Name change without change in legal entity
- Reorganization, Sale or Other Organizational Change
- Request to Close UI Account
Complete the forms below for Wage/Name/Social Security Corrections
Report Entity Changes (Report a change in entity, a merger, or a purchase of another business)
Did you acquire your Illinois business or any portion of it by purchase, reorganization or a change in entity, for example, a change from sole proprietor to corporation? If yes, report the changes online at the
MyTax Illinois website or complete the forms below:
Power of Attorney, Third Party Agent
Grant Power of Attorney (POA) to a Third Party Agent and Register as a Third Party Agent for Multi-account Filers (Service Bureau)
Combined Power of Attorney LE-10 and Special Mailing UI-1M
These forms are used to represent an employer before the director in any and all matters, to act in the Employer’s stead with the same consequences as the Employer. The special mailing form is to notify the Department of a request to have correspondence sent to an address other than your business address or to terminate a preexisting address.
Accountants, Tax Preparers, Payroll Services, Multi-account filers or anyone submitting reports and/or payments to the Illinois Department of Employment Security on behalf of an employer is advised to register with IDES as a
Service Bureau. Registering as an IDES Service Bureau will simplify the filing and payment processes for multi-account filers. You will be able to select from a list of registered employers, easily switching from client to client. In order to register, please submit:
- A letter, on company letterhead, requesting multi-account registration
- Power of Attorney (POA)documentation for each company represented. Use combined form LE-10 and UI-1M. If filing reports via MyTax Illinois, be sure to check the UI-3/40 on the UI-1M form.
- If POA documents have already been filed with IDES, simply submit a letter listing the companies and account numbers for verification.
- Upon receipt of your IDES Service Bureau ID, follow the user setup instructions.
- Please submit your forms and/or request for POA or Service Bureau to
Des.UItax@illinois.gov or fax 312-793-6296.
Back to top
State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES)
SIDES is a free electronic system that uses a nationally standardized format to allow employers to easily respond to UI Notice of Claims information requests, attach documentation when needed, and receive a date-stamped confirmation of receipt.
Registering for SIDES is easy if you already have a MyTax Illinois account.
- Simply login to your MyTax Illinois account at mytaxillinois.gov.
- Click on "Unemployment Insurance" link under the Account tab.
- Click on the "Manage Your SIDES Profile" link under the "Account Maintenance" section to start your enrollment.
- It's that easy!
For assistance please call 800-247-4984.
- For claims information, press 4
- Then, for SIDES information, press 1
Why should I consider SIDES?
The SIDES website provides an easy, efficient and secure way to electronically respond to UI Notice of Claims information requests from IDES.
- Eliminates delays related to paper mail delivery
- Allows more time to gather information and respond
- Ensures more complete information is provided through standard validations and business rules
- Reduces time-consuming follow-up telephone calls
- Keeps UI tax rates lower by reducing improper payments.
Potential Cost Savings
SIDES also addresses two of the largest causes of UI overpayment
- Incorrect initial eligibility decisions (job separation issues) and
- Working while receiving UI benefits
Additional information is available at the
Unemployment Insurance State Information Data Exchange (SIDES).
Back to top