How to Report Institutional Sexual Abuse and/or Staff Sexual Misconduct
If you have information regarding a youth who has been sexually abused or sexually harassed while under IDJJ custody or community supervision, please call:
Messages are checked Monday through Friday during business hours by staff.
You do not have to give your name, but it is critical that you provide as many details as possible.
- The name(s) and locations of persons involved;
- The name(s) or description of any witnesses to the incident;
- IDJJ youth number
- A brief description of the incident(s)
- A brief description of where the event(s) occurred;
- The date(s), time, and place of occurrence(s);
- Names and contact information of others who might have additional information about the incident;
- Your contact phone number and address (optional)
IDJJ investigates all allegations of youth–on–youth sexual abuse and staff sexual misconduct. Please understand without detailed information it is difficult to investigate a sexual abuse or sexual harassment situation.
Reporting Information for IDJJ Youth
The youth of IDJJ are urged to report allegations of sexual abuse and sexual harassment. The youth have the ability to report by submitting a request slip, a grievance, telling a trusted staff member, or asking a family member or friend to call the report line.
Illinois Department of Juvenile Justice Annual PREA Reports
In accordance with the Prison Rape Elimination Act, below are the Department’s annual reports containing data of allegations that were received, investigated and processed.
Illinois Department of Juvenile Justice PREA Audit Reports
In accordance with the Prison Rape Elimination Act, below are the Department’s PREA audit reports.
If you would like further information or have questions regarding PREA and the Illinois Department of Juvenile Justice please write to:
Illinois Department of Juvenile Justice
Attention PREA Coordinator
3802 Lincoln Highway
St. Charles, IL 60175