Under general supervision of the Business Manager, performs complex accounting work in preparation of institutional payroll. Serves as Worker's Compensation Coordinator; processes and instructs new employees regarding Payroll; maintains records of rules, regulation and actions.
- Requires knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to completion of two years of college and completion of an approved training course or three years of related clerical bookkeeping experience.
- Requires working knowledge of accounting techniques.
- Requires working knowledge of state or non-state accounting procedures.
- Requires working knowledge of office methods and procedures.
- Requires working knowledge of principles and functions of standard office accounting machines and equipment.
The State of Illinois provides employees with Health, Vision, and Dental insurance with a small co-payment from employees. Life insurance is provided at 100% your annual salary. This position includes a pension plan.
Benefit time for new employees includes three (3) personal business days, ten (10) vacation days, and twelve (12) sick days per year.
How to apply within the Illinois Department of Corrections
2. Click on the (forms) link on the left hand side of the page
a. Non-state employees click on CMS100 and fill this out completely (see attached)
b. Current state employees click on CMS100B and fill this out completely (see attached)
3. For additional information on how to fill out the CMS100 click the link CMS100 help underneath the (forms) tab on the left hand side.
a. You must select county prefer
4. Mail signed application off to CMS along with supporting documentation
CMS Bureau of Personnel
Examining and Counseling Division
Stratton Office Building, Room 500
Springfield, Illinois 62706