Performs technical accounting work in maintaining a complex, complete set of general account books. Prepares a variety of financial documents and posts financial information to journals, registers, ledgers and other financial records. Makes adjustments and reconciliations. Performs general clerical work related to budget preparation and inmate payroll. Monitors the work of inmate clerks and assists in cost accounting functions.
- Requires knowledge, skill, and mental development equivalent to completion of two years of college and one year of technical accounting experience or four years of related clerical bookkeeping experience.
- Requires extensive knowledge of accounting techniques.
- Requires extensive knowledge of office methods and procedures.
- Requires working knowledge of state and non-state accounting procedures.
- Requires working knowledge of principles and functions of standard office accounting and equipment.
$3,508.00 - $5,041.00 Monthly
The State of Illinois provides employees with Health, Vision, and Dental insurance with a small co-payment from employees. Life insurance is provided at 100% your annual salary. This position includes a pension plan.
Benefit time for new employees includes three (3) personal business days, ten (10) vacation days, and twelve (12) sick days per year.
How to apply within the Illinois Department of Corrections:
2. Click on the (forms) link on the left hand side of the page
a. Non-state employees click on CMS100 and fill this out completely (see attached)
b. Current state employees click on CMS100B and fill this out completely (see attached)
3. For additional information on how to fill out the CMS100 click the link CMS100 help underneath the (forms) tab on the left hand side.
a. You must select county prefer
4. Mail signed application off to CMS along with supporting documentation
CMS Bureau of Personnel
Examining and Counseling Division
Stratton Office Building, Room 500
Springfield, Illinois 62706