Reporting Private Sector Fatalities, Hospitalizations, Amputations or Loss of an Eye
PRIVATE Sector Employees
A private sector employee works for a nongovernment employer. These can include both individual business owners and other forms of company organization such as corporations or limited partnerships.
As of January 1, 2015, all private sector employers under Federal OHSA’s jurisdiction must report
- All work-related fatalities within 8 hours
- All work-related inpatient hospitalizations, all amputations and all losses of an eye within 24 hours
You can report to Federal OSHA by:
- Calling Federal OSHA's free and confidential number at 1-800-321-OSHA (6742).
- Calling your closest area office during normal business hours.
- Using the new online form that will soon be available