How to obtain 2016 Emergency Response Guidebooks (ERG's)
- May 2018: error found on 2016 ERG First Printing, Page 13. Road Trailer Identification Chart, Compressed Gas/Tube Trailer, should be labeled 117 instead of 137.
- Replaced written instructions on page 1 with a flow chart to show how to use the ERG2016.
- Expanded Table of Placards and updated title to Table of Markings, Labels, and Placards and Initial Response Guide to Use on Scene.
- Expanded Rail Car Identification Chart and Road Trailer Identification Chart to two pages each.
- Updated Table 1 and Table 3 based on new TIH data and reactivity research.
- Updated pipeline emergency response information.
- Added information about Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS) markings.
- Added all new dangerous goods/hazardous materials listed in UN Recommendations on the Transport of Dangerous Goods to 19th Revised Edition.
- Added information on Emergency Response Assistance Plans (ERAP) applicable in Canada.
- PHMSA Website: https://www.phmsa.dot.gov/hazmat/erg/erg2016-mobileapp
- For hard-copy distribution, please contact your IEMA Regional Office. Fire Departments should contact your IFSI Distribution Site.