Illinois Emergency Management Agency
Illinois Emergency Operations Plan
Templates, Job Aids, Guides and Plans
Monthly Preparedness Topics
Emergency Response Guidebooks
FEMA Data Visualization Tool
CMS / Vendors and IEMA Procurement Awards
General Inquiries / Public Information Office
Office - Central (Springfield)
Office - Regional
IEMA Job Postings
State of Illinois Employment Opportunities
Technologist Accreditation Inquiries
Webmaster - Report website problems
Nuclear & Radiation Safety
Radon Testing Guidelines for Real Estate Transactions
summarize radon-testing protocols for individuals involved in a real estate transaction. Either format of this document is the pamphlet approved by IEMA in accordance with the requirements of the Radon Awareness Act.
Handling Radon Properly
- This sheet provides tips from Ralph Holmen, Associate General Counsel of the National Association of Realtors about how to handle radon in a real estate Transaction.
32 Illinois Administrative Code 422
- This rule implements the Radon Industry Licensing Act.
Radon Industry Licensing Act
- This is the legislation that required those providing radon testing and mitigation to be licensed with this Agency. The 32 Illinois Administrative Code 422 outlines the details of how this licensing is implemented at IEMA.
Illinois Real Property Disclosure Act
- An Act relating to the disclosure of knowledge of radon in a home by the seller of residential real property
Illinois Radon Awareness Act
- This is the legislation that requires the seller to provide to the buyer of any interest in residential real property the IEMA pamphlet entitled "Radon Testing Guidelines for Real Estate Transactions" and the Illinois Disclosure of Information on Radon Hazards.
Disclosure of Information on Radon Hazards
– This form has been reviewed by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR). This form may be used to satisfy the requirements of the Radon Awareness Act.
IEMA Radon staff member
What is Radon?
Radon Levels & Professionals in Illinois
List of Radon Measurement Laboratories
Applying for a License
Homeowners/Buyers - FAQs
Radon-Resistant Building Codes Task Force
Professionals Licensed for Commercial Buildings
Radon Guide for Tenants
Radon Poster/Video Contests
School Screening Program
State Indoor Radon Grant
RILA Annual Reports
IEMA Main Office (217) 782-2700
24-hour Response (800) 782-7860
2200 South Dirksen Parkway
Springfield, Illinois 62703
Federal Grants Policy Manual
HazMat Incident Reports
Illinois Terrorism Task Force
SERC/LEPC/TIER II Reporting
IEMA Most Requested
Accreditation & Licensing
Training & Exercises
Local EMA Resources
Nuclear & Radiation Safety
Copyright © 2019 State of Illinois