Out-of-State Training Opportunities
A number of public and private training resources are available to first responders and emergency management professionals. The majority of courses and programs are sponsored by the US Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Emergency Management Agency's National Preparedness Directorate, and most are provided free of charge to qualified personnel. Course offerings include online, residential (conducted at the individual sites), and direct-delivery to your jurisdiction.
There are a number of National Domestic Preparedness Consortium (NDPC) schools in addition to FEMA's Emergency Management Institute. Each provides specialized training programs and courses. Course offerings are available for emergency management, law enforcement, fire service, public health, public works, homeland security, and a number of other disciplines.
Please click on the links below for an overview of the schools, as well as the specific programs and courses offered by each. Please note that each school has its own registration system. Check the school's website for registration and/or prerequisite course requirements.
Out-of-State Training Links:
- FEMA Emergency Management Institute, Independent Study Program (ISP) Courses [online]
- FEMA Emergency Management Institute, Residential (On Campus) Courses [Emmitsburg, MD]
- National Domestic Preparedness Consortium - Overview
- Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP) [Aniston, AL]
- The Energetic Materials Research and Testing Center (EMRTC) [New Mexico Tech., Socorro, NM]
- The National Center for BioMedical Research and Training (NCBRT) [Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA]
- The National Emergency Response and Rescue Training Center (NERRTC) [Texas A&M, College Station, TX]
- Counter Terrorism Operations Support (CTOS) / The Nevada Test Site (NTS) [North Las Vegas, NV]
- Transportation Technology Center, Inc. (TTCI) [Pueblo, CO]
- The Rural Domestic Preparedness Consortium (RDPC)