ILCC liquor agents conduct over 20,000 yearly liquor inspections throughout the state. Listed below are the Top Ten Violations reported during these inspections for a recent fiscal year. We encourage you to become familiar with this list and share it with your staff, so you can avoid making these same mistakes in your establishment.
- Contaminated liquor.
- Sale to minors.
- IBT (Illinois Business Tax) certificate not available.
- Pregnancy warning sign not displayed.
- 90 days of invoices (or waiver) not available.
- Revenue certificate not attached to coin-operated amusement devices.
- State license not displayed.
- Unsanitary taps.
- Liquor purchased at retail.
- State license not valid.
Will your establishment pass an ILCC inspection? Visit our Audio page to hear tips on how to avoid a violation in your establishment. Click on list common violations for some of the additonal items checked during the inspection process.