ILCC Special Agents conduct over 10,000 yearly liquor inspections throughout the State. Listed below are the Top Ten Violations reported during these inspections for a recent fiscal year. We encourage you to become familiar with this list and share it with your staff, so you can avoid making these same mistakes in your establishment.
- Pregnancy warning sign not posted
- Personnel not BASSET certified
- Contaminated liquor
- State liquor license not displayed
- Liquor purchased at retail
- Corporate status – "Not Good Standing"
- 90 days of invoices unavailable
- IBT (Illinois Business Tax) certificate not available
- Violation of State, Local, or Federal law, ordinance or regulation
- Pre-mix alcoholic beverages not destroyed weekly
Will your establishment pass an ILCC inspection? Visit our Audio page to hear tips on how to avoid a violation in your establishment. Click on list common violations for some of the additonal items checked during the inspection process.