The Illinois River Team performs the central coordination role for the implementation of the Illinois River Basin Restoration Comprehensive Plan, authorized under Section 519, Water Resources Development Act of 2000, and recommends priorities for Illinois River restoration projects that fall under US Army Corps of Engineers authority.
Projects are submitted to the Team by the Illinois River Work Group. After the Team evaluates and prioritizes the projects, they recommend projects for funding to the Illinois River Coordinating Council for approval. The Illinois River Coordinating Council submits projects to the Corps of Engineers as the State’s recommended priorities for available funding.
The Illinois River Team is chaired by the Mr. Richard Worthen, Illinois River Coordinating Council; Ms. Debbie Bruce, Illinois Department of Natural Resources; and US Army Corps of Engineers. The Team meets quarterly and is composed of six citizen members appointed by the Lt. Governor and 12 agencies.
If you are interested in attending a meeting of the Illinois River Team, please contact Beth Cox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appointed citizen members
- Olivia Dorothy, Office of Lt. Governor Sheila Simon
- Doug Blodgett, The Nature Conservancy and Illinois River Coordinating Council member
- Dale Chapman, President, Lewis and Clark Community College and Director of the National Great Rivers Research and Education Center
- Brad McMillan, Director, Institute for Principled Leadership in Public Service (Bradley University) and former IRCC member
If you are interested in serving on the Illinois River Team, please email a resume and cover letter to Olivia.Dorothy@illinois.gov. The Illinois River Team requires its members to
- Reside in the Illinois River Watershed
- Hold at minimum a bachelor’s degree in an environment-related area
- Be willing to commit 75 volunteer hours per year
- Represent a stakeholder group interested in Illinois River projects
The 12 agencies serving on the Illinois River Team include
- Corps of Engineers – Rock Island (MVR)
- Corps of Engineers – St. Louis (MVS)
- Corps of Engineers – Chicago (LRC)
- Coast Guard
- US Environmental Protection Agency
- Fish and Wildlife Service
- Natural Resources Conservation Service (USDA)
- Farm Services Agency (USDA)
- Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources
- Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
- Illinois Dept. of Transportation
- Illinois Dept. of Agriculture