Walk-up and Drive-thru testing will be available
PEORIA – State officials want to remind the public that a new COVID-19 Community Based Testing Site will be opening in Peoria County on Saturday. These free community services located at the Peoria Civic Center Fulton Street lot will be open seven days a week to test individuals with COVID-19 symptoms and those employees who support critical services. No appointment will be necessary, and insurance is not required.
“As we increase the testing capacity in our state, it is critical that we work diligently with our at-risk communities to instill trust and equity in our health care system,” said IDPH Director Dr. Ngozi Ezike. “Testing is especially important for communities of color, our African-American and Latinx communities, who are disproportionately impacted by this virus. There is no cost for this test, it’s painless, and can provide you with an answer in world of uncertainty.”
All individuals with symptoms are encouraged to seek testing at these Community Based Testing Sites. Additional accommodations have been made for the following individuals with or without COVID-like symptoms.
- Healthcare workers
- First Responders
- Employees of Correctional Facilities
- Individuals exposed to confirmed COVID-19 patients
- Employees that support Critical Infrastructure (grocery stores, pharmacies, restaurants, gas stations, public utilities, factories, childcare and sanitation)
- All local and state government employees
- Individuals with compromised immune systems, chronic medical conditions
Definition of Symptoms
-Fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell.
Community Based Testing Sites