Multi-Agency Resource Center
A Multi-Agency Resource Center (MARC) will be available to provide coordinated access to local and state resources for people in the Coal City area who were impacted by the tornado this week.
The MARC will be located at the Berst Hall of the St. Mary Assumption Parish in Coal City (245 S Kankakee St) and will be open:
o Fri., June 26 (Noon to 7pm)
o Sat., June 27 (8am to 6pm)
o Sun., June 28 (8am to Noon)
VOLUNTEERS AND DONATIONS INFORMATION
FINANCIAL GIFTS ARE THE BEST WAY TO HELP!
- FINANCIAL SUPPORT TO VOLUNTARY AGENCIES RESPONDING TO DISASTERS IS THE MOST EFFECTIVE WAY TO HELP
- Cash allows disaster agencies to purchase exactly what is needed.
- Please see the links below for ways to financially contribute.
MATERIAL DONATIONS FOR DISASTERS
- Donate ONLY those things that are requested by officials and bring them to the official designated collection centers. See the below links for additional information.
- DO NOT GO TO THE SCENE OF A DISASTER
- Due to the overwhelming response, there are far more volunteer offers than there are volunteer needs.
- The arrival of unexpected volunteers will interfere with response efforts
- STAY SAFE by volunteering with a reputable agency!
- Volunteers will be needed most during the long-term recovery phase, which will last months/years. Please see the below links for further information.
- Please be patient and WAIT until relief agencies can train you and use your help
- Grundy County COAD Facebook page (Information for Volunteers and Donations)