Safety in our schools and on our college campuses is a right every student and family should expect. The State of Illinois has taken measures to increase the level of preparedness of our schools and campuses. Please select a topic on the drop-down menu below to learn more about Illinois’ school and campus safety initiatives. Among the topics covered are:
- Training for 2020—The School and Campus Security Training Program is a collaborative effort of the Illinois Terrorism Task Force, the Illinois State Board of Education and the Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board Executive Institute at Western Illinois University. Awareness and preparedness level training is provided free of cost to public and non-public schools, higher education institutions and first responder agencies.
- Ready to Respond Campus—This program promotes campus safety, preparedness and response efforts, enhancing the security of students, staff and visitors. Colleges and universities meeting program criteria will receive designation as a “Ready to Respond Campus,” allowing them to use the Ready Campus logo on official correspondence, websites and other media.
- School Safety Information Sharing—This program, a partnership between the Statewide Terrorism & Intelligence Center and the Illinois Terrorism Task Force, is designed to share information relevant to school safety with those whose job it is to protect students, employees, and infrastructure. The program features a first-in-the-nation dedicated K-12 and campus intelligence officer.
- Resources—This tab contains an extensive listing of school/campus safety resources, including legislation, preparedness and planning, and violence prevention.
- COVID-19 Guidance - The Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) is working with the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) to provide the most current resources and guidance to help Illinois education officials navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.
Cross Browser Compatible Drop Down Menu - HTML & CSS | handyHTML.com - Web Design Snippets, Tutorials and Resources