How do I close my Illinois withholding income tax account?

When you no longer have an Illinois employee and no longer withhold Illinois income tax, you may cease your Illinois withholding account by

  • clicking the “Request to Close Account” link in MyTax Illinois,
  • checking the box and entering the date under Line B on your last Form IL-941, Illinois Withholding Income Tax Return, or
  • contacting us at 217 785-3707.

If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.