What procedure should a taxing district use to instruct the county clerk to reduce rates under section 18-195 of the PTELL?

If a taxing district does not want rates reduced proportionally for each fund subject to the PTELL, it should pass a resolution or ordinance that gives specific instructions to the clerk (e.g., to reduce the corporate rate to a dollar amount or to a percentage of the levy).

If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.