To qualify for the Senior Citizens Real Estate Tax Deferral Program, you must:
- be 65 years of age or older prior to June 1 of the year that the applications is being filed with the County Collector's Office;
- have a total yearly household income of no more than $55,000.00;
- have owned and occupied the property or other qualifying residence for at least the last three years;
- own the property, or share joint ownership with your spouse, or be the sole beneficiary, or you and your spouse be the sole beneficiaries of an Illinois land trust;
- have no unpaid property taxes and special assessments on the property; and
- have adequate insurance against fire or casualty loss.