What is required to show proof that sales tax was paid to another state?

The following are acceptable forms of proof to claim credit on Form RUT-25 or Form RUT-25-LSE for tax paid to another state:

  • a bill of sale or dealer's invoice;
  • a letter from a leasing company;
  • a letter from the selling dealer; or
  • a copy of the lease agreement showing the financial information.

If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.