How soon after conducting a Special Census does a municipality begin to receive its reallocated share of tax?

Income tax and use tax disbursements are handled by the Illinois Department of Revenue. If the certified census information is received from the Secretary of State by the Illinois Department of Revenue no later than the middle of the month, the new census figures will be used for that month's distributions. Please note: For questions regarding motor fuel tax disbursements, please contact the Illinois Department of Transportation at 217 782-0675.

If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.