Can I subtract my military retirement pay on Line 5 of my IL-1040?

You may subtract the amount of any federally taxed portion (not the gross amount) included in Form IL-1040, Line 1, that you received from a government retirement or government disability plan, including military plans, reported on your U.S. 1040 or U.S. 1040A.

If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.