Why was my income tax refund reduced or taken for child support?

We reduce or take an income tax refund for child support only when directed to do so by the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS). To find out why Healthcare and Family Services told us to offset your refund, contact them by calling 1-800-447-4278 or (217) 785-1692.


If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.