Why wasn't my ex-spouse's income tax refund taken for child support?

We reduce or take an income tax refund for child support only when directed to do so by the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS). If you want more information about past-due child support, contact Healthcare and Family Services at 1-800-447-4278 or (217) 785-1692.



If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.